Thursday, April 3, 2008

my new best friend, among other things

here she is. isn't she beautiful? i think so. it's my new sandwich maker. i use it every day to make a lovely toasted cheese sandwich to eat on the way to school every day. my other favorite not-in-a-hurry options are tuna or toasted pb & j. you should try it before you start making fun of me. have you ever put pb on toast? okay, then, it's just a question of preparation styles.

now for the other things. today i was so frustrated with my life that for a few minutes, i actually considered dropping everything and moving to wallace, id to be a silver miner. what brings that on, you ask? this article in the new york times: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/03/us/03wallace.html?_r=1&oref=slogin I also though about going to detroit, but for slightly less time. i could buy a really sweet house there for $90k. of course there's the question of what kind of job i would get. i'm sure gm needs some help with something. or the tigers need translators for their carribbean recruiting office. who knows. there's also the question of why i would move to a city that is on the short list of most crime infested. which explains why i thought about it for less time than being a silver miner in idaho.

3 comments:

Laura said...

If only I had known you wanted one of these. You could have had mine, which has been used approximately 4 times in 2.5 years. I thought I would love it, but sadly, I don't. Maybe it's because I never tried the toasted pb&j.

Jennifer said...

I miss ours so much my fav. was the tuna with cheese.

Katie said...

Not to take away from the sandwich maker, but I found the second half of your post more interesting for the following reasons: a. Hecla Mining Company is one of our biggest clients and some of my co-workers have actually been to the bottom of the Lucky Friday mine, (and one of my best friends from college, who you will probably meet at the wedding, is from Kellogg) b. I will soon live in a Detroit suburb (where the crime rate is close to zero) so if you find yourself still considering that area I'm sure we could get you in touch with GM or the Tigers once we are settled. If you're still interested by then.....
But one note on the sandwich maker, my favorite is ham and cheese. The trick is to fold the ham in half so you form a triangle then place it on the toaster in such a way that it completely seals the bread. That way you don't have to worry about getting a knife out to cut the ham and risk losing some of the melted cheese on the cutting board.