Saturday, April 27, 2013
The Dog Park: April, Week 4
"I Got It!"
Canon SX40 HS
f/4
1/1250
ISO 200
4/27/13
Salt Lake City, UT
Hey, it's only Saturday and I'm posting already! yay me! So today I took another trip to the dog park. These pictures turned out way better, I think. I tried things out on the sports preset mode on my camera, and I got the results I was looking for. The camera uses a 1/1250 shutter speed or faster and automatically adjusts the rest of the settings to get a good clean image. It was so much easier than trying to make all of the adjustments myself. Lesson learned. Pili and I were having a good old time playing fetch with this nice stick that we found at the park. Here she's just coming back for another toss, even though it means splashing down these rocks. My number one favorite part of this picture is the sheet of water arcing off of her tail. It's a little hard to see because water is, after all, a clear liquid, but it's something I probably would have missed on any of my other camera settings. I'm feeling good about the progress I made this month on my action shots. There's still room for improvement, but I feel like I've figured out a thing or two, thanks to this little exercise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment