to moab for spring break. again. it's alex's fault. he whined and begged until i gave in. so there's this guy that organizes a giganto moab trip for spring break. we're talking 100 people or more show up to this thing. so the other night when my roommate was throwing her friend at alex, he and i were talking about this trip. he got really excited and really wanted to go because he loves biking and wants to do the slickrock trail, but not if he didn't know anyone else who was going. thus the begging began. my friend sheri was doing her fair share of begging too. i told alex this and he replied "i don't know this friend sheri, but your friend alex is also begging you." so i gave in. and now that i've made the decision, i'm quite excited about the prospect.
i'm also going backpacking with alex's roommate bob. i love bob. just like i love alex, but maybe more. bob is a cali boy who loves surfing and all things california. and he's hilarious. i went to his place of work yesterday to buy some fuel for my campstove and we got to talking about backpacking and how i never go because i don't have anyone to go with. at which point he gave me the incredulous, are-you-kidding-me look and gestured to himself. so we're going backpacking. who knows when, but he's also going to teach me his self-taught fly fishing skills, which i'm also very excited about.
3 comments:
I'm jealous! I want to go on a trip! Well, I guess I am, kind of. Going to see all the grandbabies over two days next week. Too bad I have to go alone. :( Dad is working shutdown. Have fun!!!
I miss Moab!! Have fun without me.
I love that you included a link to Kirkham's :)
Post a Comment