This month is a month of random pics that I just feel like posting. It might be a follow up on a skill that I'm working on or just something old and out of the blue. This week's picture could be considered a continuation of May's theme since I took this picture on my hike yesterday. I went hiking up Big Cottonwood Canyon in the Mill B North Fork area. There is a little waterfall back there called Hidden Falls (which I didn't take the time to actually find), thus a little creek feeding the waterfall. My hike took me up along the side of the creek for about a half mile, so I took some rests to take some pics.
A few weeks ago when I went to Lisa Falls, I was experimenting with long exposures on the water because I really love the effect. I was tripod-less this trip, so I was worried that these wouldn't turn out well, or that they'd have a lot of shake in them because of the longer exposure. But I got lucky. I just found a nice rock, had a seat, and held my camera on my knee. And what do you know, it worked! This was one of those times when I was not frustrated by my camera's limitations. Either that or I'm just learning how to work with what I've got. Either way, progress.
Hidden Falls creek detail
f/8
1/6
ISO 100
6/1/13, 1:08pm
Big Cottonwood Canyon, UT

No comments:
Post a Comment